Except as set forth below, personally identifiable data you enter at LA ePortal is not made available or distributed to third parties, except with your express consent or at your express direction. In particular, LA ePortal and Profiles International, Inc. will not give, sell or provide access to your personal information to any company, individual or organization for its use in marketing or commercial solicitation or for any other purpose, except with your express consent, at your direction, as is necessary for the operation of this site, or pursuant to one of the exceptions listed below.
THE PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE COLLECT
LA ePortal collects personal identifying information from you including, but not limited to, your name, gender, grade level, district, school, site, such additional information as you choose to include in your user profile or are required to register, and associate with proper administering site location. Users of LA ePortal must be approved to gain access to the information and activities you have undertaken on LA ePortal.
REASONS WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
LA ePortal collects personal information from you primarily for two reasons. The first reason is to validate your information as a user for a specific site of LA ePortal. The second reason is to enable you to submit in a convenient and efficient manner information that is likely to be needed when you complete a college information request, and other applications and forms made available through LA ePortal. When you log on to LA ePortal, your browser will automatically transmit to LA ePortal's server the IP address of your computer and type of browser you are using. Although your browser transmits the IP address of your computer, LA ePortal does not associate this IP address with any personally identifiable information regarding you. LA ePortal does not collect any personally identifiable information other than what users submit and their browsers transmit.
WAYS IN WHICH PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE USED
LA ePortal will use your personal identifying information to complete the following forms and surveys, to obtain information for you and to effect transactions on your behalf, in each case only upon your instructions to do so:
• Complete forms
• Complete educational planners, which can assist you in selecting courses and otherwise planning to meet admission requirements
• Complete academic portfolio information and creating a professional resume
• Communicate your requests for information or material to colleges or other institutions you have specified
• Complete online career assessments
Your personal identifying information may also be used for the following purposes:
• We may use your identifying information to help diagnose problems with LA ePortal's server and to administer the LA ePortal website.
• Summary data representing a compilation of aggregate data representing LA ePortal users may be collected by Profiles International, Inc. and provided to the State of Louisiana and various entities authorized by the State of Louisiana including colleges and other educational institutions represented on LA ePortal. NO PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS MADE AVAILABLE AS PART OF THESE SUMMARY REPORTS. Some examples of summary data are the number of monthly visitors to the site, the number of user per district, per site/location, and the LA ePortal functions utilized by students in specified age or grade ranges.
SECURITY MEASURES TO PREVENT MISUSE OF INFORMATION ENTRUSTED TO LA ePortal
LA ePortal causes the data you input to be encrypted when in route between your browser and the LA ePortal server and when in route between the LA ePortal server and some other browser or server. This practice helps prevent unauthorized third parties from intercepting and gaining access to your private data during transmission over the Internet. LA ePortal uses 128-bit, Secure Socket Layer encryption supported by both Netscape's and Microsoft's browsers.
Data residing on the LA ePortal server is password protected, and access is provided only to the account holder who created the password, anyone to whom that account holder entrusted the password, and those employees of Profiles International, Inc. who require such access to administer and maintain the LA ePortal system or to provide requested customer support to users of LA ePortal. Each Profiles International, Inc. employee who has access to the data residing on the LA ePortal server has agreed to respect the privacy of all such personal data.
Don't want cookies?
MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION
You may update, otherwise modify or delete from the data stored on LA ePortal any personal information you previously provided. To modify personal information, (i) log on to LA ePortal, (ii) access either your user profile containing the information you want to change, and (iii) modify that information using standard word-processing techniques.